Tuesday, August 19, 2008

THE START OF THE EQUUS



My client, Lorenzo Salvatore had a very basic and simple design brief. He stated that he liked things to be kept simple and easy, he liked box shapes and box formation, nothing to fancy, he also liked large windows for views, a swimming pool, open space areas for his fire that he likes to sit around and read.
The sketches that you can see are the start of my design process thinking about what sorts of squares and box like shapes I could use to design his house with, keeping in mind that he likes it simple. I also was trying to design something that wasnt just a box but with a bit more design to it.
The key thought and principal I was thinking while designing this house was the box formation and trying to keep all the required objects, sink, toilet bathroom, living etc all based around the centre of the core in a box formation.

No comments: